At Tri-County Career Center, we believe in the power of hands-on learning. Our Auto Service Technology program is a unique blend of textbook knowledge and real-world experience, designed to challenge students to reach their full potential.
Our state-of-the-art facility is equipped with the latest testing and service equipment. Here, under the guidance of an ASE Master certified technician, you will learn to perform maintenance and light repairs on various vehicle systems. This includes brake systems, steering systems, suspension systems, and powertrain management systems.
But we don't stop at technical skills. Our comprehensive program also covers service writing and parts ordering, equipping you with the business skills necessary to succeed in an actual automotive repair shop.
Areas of Study
- General automotive shop safety
- Orientation to shop operation and vehicle protection procedures
- Estimating and repair order writing and completion procedures
- Parts and materials ordering
- Operation of vehicle lifts and various shop equipment
- Operation of various computerized scan tools and testing equipment
- Certified Online Automotive Training Modules available 24/7
- Electrical and Electronic Systems
- Suspension and Steering
- Engine Performance
- Maintenance and Light Repairs
Further Educational Opportunities
- Advanced technical training and specialized certifications
- Associate’s degree in Automotive Technology
- Officer positions in SkillsUSA
- Students will be able to compete in Skills USA
- National Vocational Technical Honor Society